The college has a two-tier library facility:
(a) Central Library: There are more than one lakh books in the Central library of the college. These which include text books, reference books, research journals, newspapers and books related to competitive exams. Reading room facility is also available in the library.
(b) Departmental Library: Departmental libraries exist in many departments of the college, where text books, reference books and research journals can be accessed.
Some Important Rules Regarding Library Are As Follows:
1. The book desired by the student can only be given if it is available in the library.
2. Membership of the library is optional, but for better learning, all the students are expected to become member of and benefit from the rich institutional library. Student desirous of becoming a member of the library will have to deposit a fee of Rs.10/-. The fee receipt must be shown in the library and on the next working day, one library card shall be issued to the student after showing his/ her identity card.
3. One book will be issued on each card for 14 days. Retaining, the book beyond 14 days will attract a penalty of Rs.1/- per day. If the day of returning the book falls on a holiday, the book should be returned on the next working day, otherwise fine will also be levied for the period of holidays.
4. The students must check the physical condition of the book at the time of issue. Maintenance of the book will be the responsibility of the students.
5. The library card should be kept with utmost care. It will have to be returned before the final exams. A duplicate card will be issued against a fee of Rs. 10/-.
6. If a student loses his/ her library card, he/ she will be responsible for any books that may be issued against the card.
7. In the event of a book being lost or torn, the student will have to give another book of the same edition or the latest edition. If the book is not available in the market, he/ she will have to deposit the amount determined by the library incharge which shall be at least 5 times the price of the book.
8. The news papers, magazines, syllabus, questions papers etc. will be given to students only after depositing their identity card. These should not be taken outside the library under any condition. Students defying this rule will be fined at the rate of Rs.1/- per day.
9. The students should carefully examine the number of pages of the magazine. If any page is found missing on its return, the student will have to replace it with a fresh magazine on the next day and also bear the penalty that may be determined by the librarian.
10. Students will have to return all the books issued to them at least 10 days before the commencement of university exams.